Monday, October 5, 2009

McCarthy: An Example of Willpower

Mike McCarthy is willpower.  He is an excellent example of how sheer determination can carry you through the "thick and the thin" to overcome obstacles and ultimately lead you to your life's ambitions.  He carries himself nobly and reinforces his work through his passions.  As my peers and I transition from high school to college, we lack, for the most part, discipline and willpower.  After hearing a professional talk about what it takes to achieve so-called dreams, it makes me realize how much time I have wasted.  The same time that I chose to sacrifice my schoolwork for wasteful, useless activities is the time that I could have studied or completed an assignment early with better context.  I have always wanted to become a pediatric oncologist, and by doing the simple act of procrastination, I have chosen to eliminate willpower and discipline from my quest for knowledge.  I hope to develop the same mentality that prepared McCarthy for his accomplishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment