Tuesday, October 6, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmDOodc0j28
I'm not sure exactly how I came across this video, but I really like it. 

The guy in the video was talking about how many Americans think that any immigrant should learn English and something about the United States.  He said that 92% of all immigrants pass the test that they take after becoming legal.   The same test was administered to high school students in Oklahoma.  Less than 25% passed.  The numbers are drastically different opening the broader topic of this video: Education.  The guy is baffled by how much the students don't know.  He feels very strongly about education.  I agree with this man.  The lack of education is shocking.

3 comments:

  1. Alright, I agree with this guy but i dont like him. He is kind of an ass hole in my opinion. He needs to relax a bit and quit ranting on youtube. If he really cared he would talk to some government officials about it or at least some school boards. I dont want to hear him bitching to youtube for eight minutes, I had to shut it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that if immigrants pass successfully the test, it is because they are still motivated, they still have a dream. I have read somewhere that in 2 generations, immigrants' descendants lose the motivation and become "normal".

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does get carried away, but the point he is making is about how poor education as a whole is. He uses American History as an example and he justifies our lack of knowledge by comparing it with that of an immigrant's about the subject.

    ReplyDelete