Tuesday, October 6, 2009

My second outside event was the reading from Robert Root.  I was hoping that he would be more reserved than McCarthy. 

When I first walked in there was a few others in our class that attended as well.  I was glad that I was not the only one about to waste a good hour for this boring event.  I sat down and started talking.  After a few minutes passed a handful of people had piled into the place.  I noticed how different and diverse many of the spectators looked.  I assumed that if this author could attract such a variety of people then his work must be somewhat bearable.  To my surprise, the event wasn't too dry, and Robert Root was not so bad himself. 

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the diversity of the audience. I did not go to the McCarthy event, however this one was not as bad as I had expected.

    ReplyDelete