Monday, October 12, 2009

Memphis Drivers are Contributors to EXTREME Road Rage

When I drive home from school somedays, I like to crack my windows and turn the radio off.  I do this if I have a headache or if I want to just relax and think.  While I was driving home, I became more and more aware of my frustrations with most of the drivers that surrounded me.  In one drive home, I had almost been hit, I counted, at least five times.  My count did not include how many times I had to slam on my brakes because someone decided to swerve over without looking.  I didn't include how many times someone pulled out in front of me and decided to do an average of ten to twenty miles under the speed limit.  The count did not include how many cut me off whenever I needed to switch lanes. It also did not include how many times I had to brake because someone was sitting in the middle of moving traffic-on the wrong side, of course-in order to get to the other side.  This is more than apparent that Memphis has a problem with many of its drivers.  How could a problem like this be fixed? Why are the driver's tests designed so that anyone can pass?  The system has major flaws.  My test to get my license included a two minute drive around the little square of Covington at a speed of twenty-five miles per hour.  Who cannot pass under these strict limitations? Please!


Oh, and I also had to brake because a speeding hub cap was advancing towards my car. 

Word Count: 262

1 comment:

  1. I think that Memphis drivers are pretty horrible. That's why I am happy that I am a proud Nashville driver. I cant be characterized in that category!

    ReplyDelete