Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Blah

Sunday I was scheduled to work from five o'clock in the evening to nine.  I was already upset when I had seen this on my work schedule that Friday.  Before the start of the semester, I had given my boss a copy of my school schedule upon her request.  I wrote down what I wanted (no nights past eight o'clock, no more than sixteen hours, etc.).  She never seems to honor my schedule, and this is becoming very frustrating. 

When Sunday came around, I decided that I was not going to work.  I am consumed in homework.  The assignment that required most of my attention was The Beak Of the Finch Assignment.  Well, I called in and said I was sick.   I stayed up all night reading the damn thing, and I even woke up a three in the morning yersterday, just to find out that there was an extension on the assignment!!! Wonderful! I realize how much I can't stand the total use of computers.  I don't think we should rely on these devices for everything.  After feeling like I could just hide under a rock and sleep my day away, I started thinking about how I could have studied for my chemistry quiz and my math test!  Where does Time hide?  I cannot seem to organize my time and schedule.  I am not easily adjusting to this huge change.  I'm not enjoying my college experience like I should be able to do.

2 comments:

  1. You were not the only one who didn't sleep on Sunday. I started to read the Beak of the Finch at 9pm. I finished my paper , but I was not satisfied by it. I was happy when she gave us extra days to turn our papers in. I know it's not gonna be like that all the time, I need to organize my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First my manager that I was working for could not stand me and she had to go around my basketball schedule. She hated that and she had another reason why she didn’t like me. As far as the assignment I spent four hours reading it Saturday night then read some more Sunday, and never read the last 15 pages when I found out there wasn’t necessary to answer the questions. I was up late doing that and turned it in. Did not know we had to turn in a hard copy, so I was happy she extended the date, but she still could have told me that before Sunday and I would not have crammed it all in.

    ReplyDelete