Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Autobiography Rough Draft

In 2006, my sister, Sam, her friend, Katie, and my friend Ashley and I went to the Beale Street Music Festival. This was the first time our parents allowed us to attend a major event without parental supervision. Since my aunt lives in midtown, we thought it best to stay over there for the couple of days we were allowed to attend due to the convenience of her house. We were dropped off that Saturday afternoon psyched about the line-up and the fun atmosphere. It is not unusual to save the biggest act last (who always plays at midnight), which that year it was Godsmack. After hours upon hours of non-stop music and total enjoyment, it was time for the big act. All four of us had managed to squeeze our way to the very front. Then, a roar of screams from the crowd arised as the music began to play; this was it. The band sounded amazing! I was having a blast, and I looked up to see if my group was too. That's when I saw my sister...crying. She came toward me with the most unexplainable look: very cross, concerned, and afraid. I asked what was the problem, and she replied that some guy in the crowd was inappropriately touching on her chest. She kept saying that she wanted to leave, and I, as her big sister, assured her that we were on our way out. I turned around and started pushing through the crowd. We forced our way through and dodged the many mosh-pits. I seemed to be doing well in my attempt to get her away from the commotion until I crossed swords with this physically unattractive, chunky, and rude woman. After politely trying to get past her, she refused to let me move past. Still determined to deliver my sister to a safer place, we engaged in a rather friendly conversation. After the engagement, I threw my arm back and popped her right across her face. Needless to say, I got by the troll. As we kept pressing forward trying to find the end of the crowd, Katie is complaining the whole time about her feet, about how tired she was, and anything else that seemed to come to mind. I eventually had enough of the consecutive complaints and voiced my opinions on such things. After finally breaking off, I realized Ashley was not with us, and the last time I had seen her was back in the crowd. She was talking to some guy nobody knew. It hit me faster than a speeding bullet! Panic officially set in. She had no cell phone to call, so I did not know what to do. I found an officer on duty that night and told him our situation. He was absolutely no help. We walked around for two hours after the concert ended, yet still no sign of my friend. Finally, we found her. What a night.





1. The elements at stake were my friend and my responsibility.

2. What does that say about you?

  • Always looking to have fun
  • Enjoys large events with provided entertainment
  • Defensive of family
  • I like to try and stay positive; Do not like negative attitudes
  • Worry under pressure

3. What is different about that than the way you would like to be perceived?

I am a very laid back person, and I don't get angry very easily.

4. What is it about this experience/anecdote that would make anyone be able to know the experience as something that they can feel/think/remember/understand? . . . . . . UNIVERSALITY

Everyone can relate to standing up for a family member. Most know that serious situations make people become stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment