Monday, September 14, 2009

"unbeWEAVEable"

During my senior year, I was enrolled in a health science course. It was broken down into two classes: Medical Therapeutics and Clinicals. We covered the material very rapidly which left extra time each class period. In order to fill in for this extra time, my teacher would pull up current news videos or articles on the computer. I really enjoyed the class, however, this was not my favorite part of it. I typically found other ways to apply my attention to whenever she began. In one instance, she began as usual to search the news until she came across one that completely caught my attention. It was a video about an African American Kansas woman whose life had been saved by her weave. The story’s contents provoke thoughtful laughter. It is sad that she was trying to be murdered, but it is humorous that she had been saved by nothing more than her tightly woven weave. To this day, I am still baffled by this article. The only word that I could possibly describe it as is “unbeWEAVEable!”


The actual video is linked below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL2utgOCVUw

The link below is a video about the situation: (This video is simply for entertainment. It is very funny!!!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baQQ9Io599Q

4 comments:

  1. I watched the video. Maybe we should all consider to get a weave...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitley one of the most bizarre ways to be saved. by the weave... I also thought it was sad they were trying to kill her too.. and your "unbeweavable" is pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha...i once saw a video of a woman who was on a boat and a swordfish jumped out of the water and stabbed her in the chest. She lived and the thing that saved her was her breast implants.lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... I cannot believe the weave actually stopped the bullet. I had an experience working at a hair store(a.k.a. Beauty Supply) for ethnic and never knew that the weave could be that strong to save someone's life. Just "unbeweaveable!!!!"

    ReplyDelete