Thursday, March 18, 2010

Elemental Name

Ashley Livingston


Wendy Sumner-Winter

English 1020

17 March 2010







Astatine



I am Astatine, but my nickname is Ashley. I am the rarest element on Earth. I am a unique individual that enjoys being singular. I value friendship, but I only offer it to a select few. I share friendship in small quantities, but when I do get friends, I reacted with them very well. I like my friends, but I only have a few. The friends that I do have were selected wisely. I can’t bond with just anybody. My personality is too extraordinary.

I think that I react violently toward the things that I value most in life. I don’t mean violently as in brutal or cruel, but as passionately or strong. I just have this undying desire to make the life that I live a fulfilling one. I want to triumph over what I can accomplish, but I’m scared to death of what I might do.

I am unstable. I am just a solitary creature that has recently discovered a new environment. I do not really like being tossed into a big world that I am unfamiliar with. As any unstable individual would do, I decided to react quickly to my new life and figure out what I really want to do. Unfortunately, I’m confused about what I would like to do. I can tell myself that I should just stick it out; maybe I will be able to make my dream a reality. I know, however, that my mentality has been synthetically produced. I can’t possibly be able to establish my unstable-self as a doctor the way my chemistry is going. So, should I look deeper within me and try to find the real, pure matter of my situation?

I can’t deny my situation. It is solid. It is so concrete in my mind that I can’t shake the thought. How can I live comfortably some day? Will I ever be successful? There are so many questions to be answered. Maybe, I jumped into my new environment too quickly. I hope that I overcome my insecurities.

I mentioned that I am also called Ashley. I like to be called Ashley because that is the more motivated side of me. It is the side that has the ability to look for the answers to my questions. Ashley is my real state, my rare state. One just has to do some digging to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment