Sunday, March 14, 2010

What if Blog # 7!

What if people could go to college for free? If people could go to college for free the dreams of so many would be granted. A lot of people cannot afford college of afford to take out the loans to attend. I would much rather be surrounded by a community of hard, educated workers that were once inspired than a bunch of people that had the "right" connection. I think it is a sad excuse on our government's part to put a price on someone's dream. It scares me to think that if I lose my scholarships that it would be the end of the road for me. I would have to settle working at Kroger for the rest of my life. I could not get a decent paying job because I would lack a stronger, higher education. If I could go to college for free, I would be less stressed. I would not have to worry about finding scholarships to pay for my school every year. It is hard to get funded. The state will not give me any money because my parents work. They don't get paid much but they work, so I can't live up to my dream. That is not fair. My parents have no means to my college education. I do not get any of their money for my school. I am totally on my own. It is hard to compete with everyone that is going to college for a scholarship. It is almost as if people have to settle with what they have for the rest of their life. It is extremely hard to overcome any financial barrier. I also do not think that it fair that children whose parents are divorced get more money from the government. My parents are together and I get nothing, but if they were split up I would get twice as much to go to school. It does not make any since at all. Each scholarship should practice equality.

No comments:

Post a Comment