Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Hmm..

I read the link about pharmacists that is posted on the class blog.




I believe that a pharmacist should have the right to refuse to fill a prescription. However, the patient has a right to his/her prescription. A solution to this rising problem is to have another pharmacist that is willing to fill the prescription if the other one is uncomfortable. This solution would relieve any problems from the patient and the pharmacist will not feel guilty.





I am a pharmacy technician. I used to work in the Kroger pharmacy. When I was first hired, the pharmacist made me sign a paper that stated issues about the morning after pill that the article mentioned. The pharmacist explained to me that I had a choice as to whether or not I wanted honor this kind of prescription. If someone chose not to, someone else would take the uncomfortable person's place for the time the patient was there. Also, if one refused to have a part in this prescription, absolutely nothing can be said.

1 comment: